Are You New to Real Estate or Thinking of a Career Change?
HomeLife™ is committed to providing sales representatives with industry-leading training programs, services and marketing tools.
Interested? See if the HomeLife™ sales representatives characteristics listed below suit your real estate career goals.
- Sales Representatives Have Focused Goals HomeLife™ sales representatives are success oriented and focused on short and long term business goals. These defined goals and planned activities are evaluated and adjusted regularly to meet changes such as market shifts. Underpinning sales representative efforts is a commitment and passion for success.
- Sales Representatives Go Beyond Sales to Build a Practice Sales representatives who have successful real estate careers systemize processes in order to better manage time and be organized. Able to prioritize tasks and productive activities, successful sales representatives nurture and build trust and confidence with a database of contacts that understand the Higher Standards™ of HomeLife™ real estate service. Such successful approaches to real estate sales pave the way for a retirement strategy based on a real estate practice that can later be sold. This strategy creates lifetime security for a sales representative and his/her family.
- Sales Representatives Specialize on Specific Target Markets Instead of choosing too broad an approach, successful sales representatives identify three to four areas that fit their skills, experience and personality. Whether it’s a geographical focus or concentration on commercial or Platinum properties, highly skilled sales representatives choose to work with whom they like and who have similar interests. As a result, such sales representatives end up much happier and relaxed – traits that attract clientele.
- Sales Representatives are Good at Time Management Successful sales representatives have a vision and plan that operates as a starting point for implementation. To maintain clarity and focus, and to get the best payoff for time invested, sales representatives choose high leverage activities such as maintaining contact with database clients, rather than be distracted by office gossip. With a dollar-productivity mindset, focused sales representatives are committed to a daily productivity plan, are self-propelled and realize that discipline is the key to maximize time.
- Sales Representatives Are Early Adopters of Technology In order to compete in this highly competitive market, sales representatives consistently deliver Higher Standards™ service that exceeds client expectations. It is important to learn new technology that will help facilitate and systemize the real estate process. A master of basic computer skills and word processing programs, sales representatives use publishing programs to create marketing materials and flyers, have websites rich in valuable real estate content, use a database program integrated with e-mail to maintain contact with clients and stick to a financial management system to track budgets.
- Sales Representatives Know The Primary Objective Is Marketing As a leading real estate professional, sales representatives know that business development and marketing are just as important as sales. Such professionals understand the value of a compelling marketing plan that defines their unique selling proposition and incorporates the HomeLife™ portfolio of innovative and affordable marketing systems – part of a business development plan to keep sales representatives visible and accessible in the marketplace.
- Sales Representatives Connect and Consistently Follow Up with Prospects While effective marketing is good for attracting leads, following up is the key to convert such leads into successful transactions. Successful sales representatives know the value of a database that helps them maintain contact with future prospects to build trust, rapport and confidence in their service. As per the Rule of Seven, prospects must hear from a sales representative at least seven times before they will pay attention to the message. Successful sales representatives are patient, dedicated and do not give up on leads. People prefer professionals whom they trust and know will keep on top of things.
- Sales Representatives Have A High Level of Integrity, A Healthy Ego and An Optimistic Attitude. Vital to the growth of a successful sales representative’s business is the core belief that he or she will win and that anything can be achieved with focus and effort. Integral to outstanding achievement is a healthy ego to help sales representatives maintain faith and confidence in their ideas in order to reach peak performance. Mentally visualizing scenarios and practicing responses to situations, sales representatives realize the benefits of confidence in face-to-face interactions, convey value to clients, are committed to Higher Standards™ and accept nothing less from others.
- Sales Representatives Build Powerful Networks of Influential People. Sales representatives should proactively network with influential people as well as build and maintain relationships within a community. Opportunities such as volunteering on local boards and participating in local events, or charitable causes, helps sales representatives get recognized and appreciated for a hard-working attitude and leading service. As a result, sales representatives form a large sphere of influence, which leads to high-level referrals and powerful testimonials.
- Sales Representatives Work Hard: They Under-Promise and Over-Deliver. Sales representatives who thrive have high values and operate ethically. They do not take short cuts but, rather, strive to achieve the highest standards in all they do. Such sales representatives recognize the importance of even the smallest courtesies and efforts that define a business and provide smooth transactions for clients. Patience, integrity, hard work and a determination not to settle for anything less than the best underpin a dedication to Higher Standards™ in all real estate activities.
- Sales Representatives Are Great Communicators and Active Listeners Patient communicators who ask pertinent questions and acknowledge answers, sales representatives who excel are always determined to define a client’s needs and desires. In addition, they are active listeners who base client communication on facts and market statistics.
- Sales Representatives Consistently Invest in Self-Development Successful sales representatives realize they are the single most important aspect in a real estate business. Focused on constant improvement, such sales representatives always read industry-related information, attend seminars, listen to audio programs, participate in continuing education programs and exchange ideas with colleagues. They monitor the industry from many angles and solicit feedback to refine business practices in order to continue to achieve.
- Sales Representatives Know Local Real Estate Rules and Regulations Success comes to those sales representatives who take the time and effort to become professionals. Current knowledge of all local, provincial, and national guidelines is honoured in the spirit of a sales representative who thrives. Such knowledge of the rules, regulations and ethical standards requires constant attention to changes in laws or judicial interpretations of laws.
- Sales Representatives Practice Extreme Care A master at balancing the priorities of family and personal enrichment with a busy real estate schedule, top producing sales representatives respect family life, relationships, children, physical and mental health and spiritual well being. Sales representatives who excel have a relatively balanced life and understand success is based on building and maintaining a healthy life balance.
- Sales Representatives Continually Raise Personal and Professional Standards Part of achieving excellence means setting the highest standards. This constant drive towards success in work and personal relationships is a life-long journey that requires raising the bar at every opportunity. Constantly watching for opportunities, sales representatives who thrive consistently implement changes into systems, procedures and habits. As a result of such consistent focus, sales representatives can expect results beyond their original vision.